The top 20 most requested word to learn and practice how to pronounce are good examples of words that look different than they sound.
- The words are written as they are spelled.
- Then they are spelled the way they actually sound, typed in regular letters.
- The vowel sound in the stressed syllable is identified with an example word of that sound.
- The word is used in a phrase or short sentence.
- There is a link to a video of me pronouncing the words.
Created by: Dr. Christi Barb, owner of Adastra Speech, a professional accentologist who specializes in helping non-native speakers of English improve their overall speech clarity and effectiveness through pronunciation and prosody.
A single page pdf with the 20 most requested words to pronounce with their pronunciations